Monday 28 March 2011

Maitland River Mouth, Port Elizabeth

I'm sweating after my long run.   I need to get into that water.

Come on, I've had my swim already and it's really cool.

Hey, I've been in already, but I'll go in again if you want some company.

There now, didn't I tell you it was cool?

Uh-oh, we've got company.

Is that who I think it is?

Oh, well, I suppose we could go and say hello.

Ooo, I'm getting my feet wet.

No, no, no, I don't want to go in.

Oh, okay, I'll go in if you absolutely insist.

I'm a dog, you're a horse.   Your legs are longer than mine,
so I just need to catch my breath a bit before we head home.

They've gone, thank goodness.   We've got the place to ourselves again.


Horses are often taken for a run at Maitland River.   I was lucky to catch these
two at just the right time.   The Border Collie running alongside was an
absolute bonus.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice story from the animal's point of view! What lovely photos! When can we take an early morning drive out there again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these photos. The pale dunes in the background offset the horses beautifully.

    ReplyDelete